To see prior version, click here
We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through Whole Foods Market UK websites, services, online and physical stores, and applications that reference this Privacy Notice (together "Whole Foods Market UK Services").
· Controller of Personal Information.
· What Personal Information About Customers Does Whole Foods Market UK Collect?
· For What Purposes Does Whole Foods Market UK Process Your Personal Information?
· What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
· Does Whole Foods Market UK Share Your Personal Information?
· How Secure Is Information About Me?
· What Choices Do I Have?
· Are Children Allowed to Use Whole Foods Market UK Services?
· How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
· UK Data Protection Laws - Legal Basis
· Contacts, Notices and Revisions
· Related Practices & Information
· Examples of Information Collected
1. Controller of Personal Information
Fresh & Wild Limited, The Barkers Building, 63-97 Kensington High Street, London W8 5SE, United Kingdom ("Whole Foods Market UK") is data controller of personal information collected and processed through the Whole Foods Market UK Services. You can contact us at email@example.com.
2. What Personal Information About Customers Does Whole Foods Market UK Collect?
We collect your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services.
Here are the types of personal information we collect:
· Information you give us: we receive and store any information you provide in relation to Whole Foods Market UK Services. See the "Information You Give Us When You Use Whole Foods Market UK Services" section at the bottom of this Privacy Notice for examples of what we collect. You can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our Whole Foods Market UK Services.
· Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources such as names and contact information from third parties that co-sponsor, or service providers that help us administer, promotions or events. See the "Information from Other Sources" section at the bottom of this notice for examples of the information we receive.
3. For What Purposes Does Whole Foods Market UK Process Your Personal Information?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Whole Foods Market UK Services that we offer our customers. These purposes include:
· Purchase and delivery of products and services. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
· Provide, troubleshoot, and improve Whole Foods Market UK Services. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors, and improve usability and effectiveness of the Whole Foods Market UK Services.
· Recommendations and personalisation. We use your personal information to recommend features, products, and services that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalise your experience with Whole Foods Market UK Services.
· Comply with legal obligations. In certain cases, we may collect and use your personal information to comply with laws.
· Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Whole Foods Market UK Services via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
· Fraud and theft prevention and safety. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud, abuse, and theft and to protect the rights, property, safety, and security of our customers, Whole Foods Market UK, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
· Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
4. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
5. Does Whole Foods Market UK Share Your Personal Information?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers' personal information to others. Whole Foods Market UK shares customers' personal information only as described below and with Amazon.com, Inc. and the subsidiaries that Amazon.com, Inc. controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
· Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products or services, delivering groceries, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, transmitting content, assessing and managing credit risk, and providing customer service. These third-party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
· Business transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy other businesses or services. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Whole Foods Market UK or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
· Protection of Whole Foods Market UK and others: We release personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Service Terms and other agreements; or protect the rights, property or safety of Whole Foods Market UK, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
· Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the UK. Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the UK, we ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection. We rely on UK adequacy decisions or use contracts with standard safeguards published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (you can ask contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for a copy of these) and similar measures under UK laws for such transfers.
6. How Secure Is Information About Me?
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind.
· We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
· We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask you to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
7. What Choices Do I Have?
If you have any questions or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
· As described above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of the Whole Foods Market UK Services.
· If you don't want to receive e-mail marketing communications from us, please follow he unsubscribe instructions in those communications or adjust your Email Subscription Preferences.
· The Help feature on most browsers and devices will tell you how to prevent your browser or device from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie or how to disable cookies altogether. You can also manage your cookie preferences by visiting our Cookie Preferences page (which can be accessed in the site footer). For more information about cookies, see our Cookies Notice.
· When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal information, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal information or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal information in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Are Children Allowed to Use Whole Foods Market UK Services?
Whole Foods Market UK doesn't sell products for purchase by children. If you're under 18, you may use Whole Foods Market UK Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
9. How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of Whole Foods Market UK Services, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you.
10. UK Data Protection Laws - Legal Basis
The UK data protection laws require a legal basis for our use of personal information. Our basis varies depending on the specific purpose for which we use personal information. We use:
· Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, and process payments.
· Our legitimate business interests and the interests of our customers when we improve Whole Foods Market UK Services, when we detect and prevent fraud, abuse, or theft, or in order to protect the rights, property, safety, or security of our customers, ourselves, or others.
· Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
· Compliance with a legal obligation when we use your personal information to comply with laws.
· These and other legal bases depending on the purpose for which we use personal information.
11. Contacts, Notices & Revisions
If you have any concern about privacy at Whole Foods Market UK or want to contact our data controller, please contact us using the contact information in Section 1 of this Privacy Notice with a thorough description and we will try to resolve the issue for you. Further, the data protection officer can be contacted at email@example.com. You can file a complaint with our supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner's Office.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
12. Related Practices & Information
13. Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us When You Use Whole Foods Market UK Services
You provide information to us when you:
· search or shop for products or services in our stores, in which case we may collect your image in connection with the use of CCTV cameras in our stores;
· place an order through Whole Foods Market UK Services;
· register to attend an event;
· enable your device to search for, or connect to, Wi-Fi networks made available at our physical stores;
· communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, in which case we may collect voice recordings of calls to our customer service hotline;
· provide medical information and/or health insurance information in the rare case you have an accident or injury in our stores or related to use of our products or services; or
· complete a questionnaire, a survey, or a contest entry form.
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; e-mail address, address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; your IP address; content of e-mails to us; dietary and shopping preferences; and demographic information, such as gender, education history, employment status, marital status, household size/composition, and household income.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
· the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
· the location of your device or computer;
· Whole Foods Market UK Service metrics (e.g., the occurrences of technical errors, your interactions with service features and content, your settings preferences);
· version and time zone settings;
· the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); cookie number; products and/or content you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs);
· phone numbers used to call our customer service number; and
· images or videos when you shop in our stores.
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information From Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include:
· names and contact information from third parties that co-sponsor, or service providers that help us administer, promotions or events;
· names, contact information, demographic information, and survey responses from service providers that conduct surveys, focus groups, and similar activities on our behalf;
· information about your interactions with products and services offered by our affiliates;
· ratings, reviews, or comments regarding Whole Foods Market UK’s products and services published on publicly-available websites, applications, or other online services; and
· information we receive from law enforcement in connection with an investigation into fraudulent or illegal activity or a potential security or safety threat.
Last Updated: 9th December 2022.